July 16, 2014

A Rainy Summer Day

 
Picked wild greens and a Hydrangea bloom yesterday for my vintage French chocolate jar!
 

A good thing since a thunderstorm throughout the night led to lovely, steady rain...all the day long.

 
 
Hung up the beach hat and picked up the "The Waiting".   Just a few chapters in and really enjoying it since it's based on a true story.  Well written, good story.
 



Baked a couple of banana tea cakes....pretty but didn't quite bake through!  I need an oven thermometer OR a new oven!  Darn.  I put them back in which seemed like forever before they were done.  Love these cute paper 'pans'.  I wonder if they were the culprits...  Oh well, they tasted delicious finally. 

So thankful for this day!!










 

9 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Roberta...I haven't seen you post in so long and then I saw this! You must think I am online all the time! Ha!

Love how your pictures set the mood. I'm not a great baker so these look just great to me! Oh, I guess that's not much of a compliment. I still give you credit for sharing. :)

Post more lady!!

Jane xx

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The rain was a welcome escape for a few days but I'm glad the sun is back! LOVE that mirror!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

A lovely day! :)
Hope today is filled with as much joy.
~ Lin

Unknown said...

I like the color of flower..... lavender it is so refreshing..
Get Best Info for Personal Injury Lawyer San Antonio

Unknown said...

I love rain during summer... It reminds me of my lonely memories..
Get Best Info for Chiropractic ICD 10 Codes

Unknown said...

You're table design it's perfect to the lavender flower in the top of the table. Same as banana cake perfect to the milk.


Design Gary Volk

Unknown said...

i like your design. its so beautiful


Click here for Elk Grove Garage Doors

Lydia said...

Can you get me the picnic issue of Jeanne d Arc? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the web, not even Amazon, to purchase.

Unknown said...

I love rain during summer... It makes me feel fresh..
Must see Real Estate Lake LBJ Listings