January 31, 2013

Arrangements...

 
Oh that I would dare to cover a wall with photos like this!  And cozy up on this very cool sofa... I must be craving some color and texture in the beach cottage.  I usually do in the wintertime...and it's such an easy fix with throws and pillows, but I just haven't gotten around to it... 
 
 INSTEAD...
 
I found these very nice gray linen panels from Ikea!
 
 
As soon as I got them home, in the washer and dryer they went.  And the beauty part?  I didn't even iron them.  They'll look so much better once I move them higher and cover all the casings...but for now, here they are. (on spring rods)  I'm trying to create the illusion of bigger windows and higher ceilings, but it is a beach cottage...
 
At $50 for two 92" panels, the price is right and I love them!  And, I don't think you could make them for that price!
 
In other news over here...
 
My dear 89 year old Mother has moved in with me.
Here's her spot in the waterfront room.
 
 
 
 We were so pleased that her twin bed fit in the small space that was once my office.  These vintage panels have been used in so many places.  I think they are perfect here.
 
 
 
It's been a few months and we're both happy with the arrangement.  I get to keep an eye on her and she has company!
 
Hope you are well and happy:)
 
xoRoberta

4 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I have heard great things about the curtains from IKEA. Yours really are pretty, I love the shade.

How nice to have your mom with you, I miss my mom every day. I know you will take care of her...it's a win/win!

XO,
Jane

{oc cottage} said...

what a special time this will be for you and your mom! you are so lucky to have this opportunity...and a special person too, since not everyone would take the opportunity if it was presented to them. she is so blessed to have you!

m ^..^

Julie Marie said...

So pretty Roberta, and how fun for both of you to have your mama with you!... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Julie Marie said...

Hi Roberta... thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comments... I think I have finally found my place in this land of blogs now where I am at!... my March issue of JDL arrived, beautiful as always!... hope you are enjoying some Spring weather!... much love, xoxo Julie Marie