July 5, 2012

Hey Sweet Pea!


Kicking off my first official day off for the summer and staying put at the beach cottage!  Life is good.  A perfect morning to take some pics of the 'wild' sweet peas in the back yard.


These Lathyrus are growing like crazy back here and after seeing the gorgeous article about them in the July Jeanne d'Arc, I realize how lucky I am.






Isn't that the way it is though....the true diamonds can be found right in your own back yard.



For a while I considered them a nuisance but now I'll look for a sturdy trellis for them to cling to so they leave my hydrangeas to themselves.  



And enjoy fresh cuttings.


I'm off to help Mom out for a bit. She's 89 now and needs a little TLC!


I think I'll bring her a little Sweet Pea Love!

Stay tuned for the wild roses growing out back at the beach cottage....        

                       Enjoy this beautiful day my friends!
                                         xo Roberta



2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

How lucky you are! These are so pretty and "Countryish"!! I was going to try to grow the regular variety of sweet pea this spring and was told they don't do well in the heat of the summer. Save some seeds for me?!

Good wishes to your mom...wow, 89! To be so lucky!

XO,
Jane

kathee said...

Hi Roberta~omg the sweet pea's are gorgeous! I love how they look just like the pic in JDL...Have a beautiful summer~maybe I will see you this time.
xokathee