January 27, 2011

more red

I'm taking a photography class to learn more about my Nikon and one of the homework assignments was to take 25 pics of something 'red' and submit one.  I've been embracing this color since I found my red and white body pitcher, so I bought red tulips for even more inspiration. 



My vintage French monogrammed ribbon tied around the vase helped me determine that I was focused!   The tulip wilted for lack of water but I thought it pretty enough to be photographed this way.


Truth be told, I've been telling myself for so long that 'I really don't like red' that I'm taken by surprise to be enjoying it so much and the tulips have actually made me quite happy! (It may be because we've been covered in so much snow lately!)


               Another lesson learned....to be open to possibilites, no matter how small!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

Beautiful!!! Hugs, Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

Bethany said...

Refreshing and Vibrant

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a great take on a picture of a flower...it looks fantastic. I am liking red, too lately. Is it because Valentine's Day is coming?

XO,
Jane

Julie Marie said...

Hi Roberta, your photos are just stunning!... I knew you would love red!... xoxo Julie Marie

Drawn to The Sea said...

Red flowers are one of the few places I do like red... but even then, in small doses. It does look especially nice paired with pale pink, imo.

Great shots :-)

Completely Coastal said...

I love every color in nature! But I have never had anything red in my home. Beautiful photograph!

Anonymous said...

Upward-facing tulip: pretty photo.
Downward-facing tulip: Art!

Burlap Luxe said...

Major beauty over here!
I am enjoying your older postings.
Beautiful photos.

Cheers
~Dore

Ellie said...

I love red. PERIOD. Your white granite pitcher with red band is perfection. Good thing you saw it first. Every room needs a splash of red. Somehow it pops any color palette with unexpected freshness.

Your photos are beautiful. I would enjoy a photography class, too.

Glad you're having the snow instead of me. Been there too many years. In that respect, Florida can't be beat.