January 29, 2010

Carol's Kitchen ~ Sunny Side Up!

It may be minus 8 degrees outside but it's toasty and sunny in Carol's kitchen!   She emailed and asked if I'd like to go by, adding that something was soon coming out of the oven.  Well, when it comes to an invitation to savor something wonderful baked with love from her country French kitchen, she doesn't have to ask twice...I'm there, no matter what the temp outside is.


She brewed a pot of her delicious 'Mariage Fereres' French  tea and served it in a generous ironstone mug along with a 'Sunny Side Up' ~  made from scratch puff pastry with poached apricots, pastry cream (yum) and a delicious glaze; a Julia Child recipe.   So pretty, so tasty!


There were three more on this 'cool' vintage cooling rack but let's just say that the three of us really enjoyed our mid-day 'tea'.  (her hubby joined us)



And..if that wasn't enough...she sent me on my merry way with a beautifully wrapped box (yes girlies, those are her initials) with strict instructions that "they must be eaten before the day is done" and a warning that "they will not be good tomorrow!"


As French music played I felt as though I was whisked away to a little bistro in Paris!
Delicieux!


 "I hope you ate yours tonight too Carol!" 
Thanks a bunch Dearie!

12 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh Roberta,
You know this post speaks to my little heart in every way possible. One question, does Carol do take out? Love this post.

Happy weekend sweetheart,
xo~Tracie

DustyLu said...

Beautiful and delicious! yum yum! gorgeous french tier! love the ironstone cups..lulu

Julie Marie said...

Hello Roberta... oh my goodness... those little puff pastries look so yummy! What a fun time you must have had... I would have eaten those other two on my way home! xoxo Julie Marie

Claudia said...

Everything looks so lovely - I love the cups - the pastry looks yummy and the box? Oh my gosh.

xo
Claudia

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

Ohhhh, those look so yummy and so pretty! I love her kitchen too! Isn't it nice to have tea with a friend!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Kim

Tutti Chic said...

God Roberta~What a friend! Love her delicious looking creation & her french touches in her kitchen! xo chris

{oc cottage} said...

Oh how fabulous!

m ^..^

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Roberta
All I can say is... Oh my goodness!!! where are my french pastry baking friends I ask you!!! hahaha
Looks fantastic... and how sweet to have a take home package of these yummy delights!! Enjoy xx Julie

Sue said...

Oh my...a dream come true. I would love to try to make those...will she share her recipe? I love the box, my friends must be so disappointed when they get a paper plate covered with foil!

Sue

Elyse said...

sigh ...

how wonderful.

xo
elyse

Vintage Rose Collection said...

There's no better way I'd like to enjoy a cup of tea and puff pastry, then with dear friends..Don't you just love days like these- A true friend in deed Roberta!
Beautiful photos too!!!
Stay warm
Jo
xo

kanishk said...

One question, does Carol do take out? Love this post.

Work from home India