October 27, 2009

small pleasures


found this little treasure for 50 cents at the flea this weekend. oh joy! a perfect onion basket.


and this little gem float in Bethany's lot up in the attic. what a shame to have it hidden away and exactly what I've been looking for.



look at this candle holder with lace between the glass on all four sides. another flea market treasure that I couldn't resist and when I picked it up to clean it, I found a Pottery Barn sticker on the bottom. it has the look of something I'd covet in one of the Jeanne d'Arc magazines!
be still my heart...



Sorry girls....I've been out of commission getting adjusted to a new job and dealing with the stress level of being out there in the real world. Nothing about it is fun for me. I truly miss the friendships and peaceful dealings with the women from the days of Enchanted Treasures. I usually keep these things to myself but I think about Rachel Ashwell and how she opened up her broken heart from a failed business and everything that goes along with it. Surely, the comparison is on a much smaller scale but the feelings are still there. The lack of time for creativity, rushing around...not my style for sure but I hope to pop in now and then!


feeling better already...thanks for listening.





15 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oh Roberta, I have missed you so! I do hope things start going your way, you are such a beautiful and talented lady... I adore you! Your little finds are wonderful! Please keep happy thoughts... my grandma always used to say "everything will come out in the wash" and she was usually right... Love to you! Bisous... JUlie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

Roberta~~~

I too, have been wondering where you have been. I think continuing to post will do you good. I just bought Rachel Ashwell's new book and I love the graceful way she thanks everyone who stood by her during the hard times. I think you will find that too. I believe you are a creative person and hope you continue to be even though you are in a job that doesn't require those qualities. Don't lose sight of your dreams!!

Best of luck...and I adore your new treasures!!

xoxo
Jane

Positively Orphaned said...

The float is truly a hidden treasure found. Hopefully you'll find time for your creative endeavors here and there.

Sue said...

I don't know your "story" but I do know how difficult change can be. I hope you find balance between what you must do and what you love to do. I love your finds.

Sue

MARY said...

I love the candle holder. Hope all you hard work is rewarded with peace!

Elyse said...

hi roberta,

i've been busy and missing blog time, too.

i may have missed a post about your new venture. hope it's exciting and fun!

xo

Marie said...

Bonjour! Just found your la belle blog. J'adore your 50 cent onion basket and your entire blog so I'm adding myself as a follower :-)
-marie

Janean said...

great, great finds!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Roberta
Have missed you but glad to see you here again. I know it can feel overwhelming trying to balance everything out.. I don't have husband nor kids and my job has my manic 24/7 so I have to let the blogging slide

Take care and blog for enjoyment when you can... xx Julie

Roberta said...

Thanks so much for your kind encouraging words Girls! xo Roberta

shabbyfufu said...

Roberta....I didn't realize that your store had shut down and you know that it makes me sad. As Rachel said though...these things do happen for a reason. I hope that good things come your way my friend:-) ~xoxo~Janet

Tutti Chic said...

Your finds are fabulous roberta! best of luck with the new job. you'll get into a the routine & find time for everything you love again my friend! xo chris

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Sweet Roberta,
I love your finds, especially the candle light, it is beautiful and looks like something from days long gone by - certainly a keeper.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you try to find some time to renew your spirit with creating and positive people. Hang in there!

I just checked in with your mantel and love all the religious items you've used and the story of your grand father. Talk soon and don't forget to be good to yourself.
xo~Tracie

Nishant said...

I adore you! Your little finds are wonderful! Please keep happy thoughts... Work from home India

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!