August 7, 2009

Vintage Lizzie and the 'Old King's Highway'




If you've ever traveled Route 6A on the Cape, you'll understand.....many moons ago it was the route the Native Americans used to get from Plymouth to Provincetown. Now it truly is the only way to experience olde Cape Cod. A two lane, winding road that is best experienced on the back of a motorcycle. I did just that last week and somehow, (twice) missed Vintage Lizzies! Well, sheer determination led me back a third time to seek out this beautiful shop and shop owner, only now I was driving alone and really wanted to stop every few minutes to take pictures of the quaint cottages and gardens. Not in the summer! No way, no how! No driving like an old granny on this road so I guess I'll have to go a fourth time at six a.m. just to get some pictures! It was killing me. Anyhow, I finally got to Lizzies and she was OPEN.
I stepped in and felt like I was back at Enchanted Treasures in the early days. Now I know how all those women felt when they said such things as "this is so heavenly". Such a lovely shop Lizzie. You're a living doll, so pretty with a sweet personality and such a talented seamstress! (Her slipcovers and pillows are to die for, and she's designing her own fabrics now!) Way to go Lizzie.
Here's a peek into Lizzie's studio. Big, bright and perfect for sewing up a storm!
She just swings that old ironing board and invites you right in. Such hospitality!
I hope she does a blog on that room and her gorgeous bedroom for us all. Magazine stuff girls!
To see more, visit her blog and Elyse's blog. Lizzie promises to have a giveaway soon to celebrate her 1st year and Elyse's visit so stay tuned! Thanks Lizzie! xo

14 comments:

stefanie said...

lucky you, did you find any pretties for yourself?

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Roberta, I am just in awe each time I look at your blog...I want to visit there...it's soooo dreamy...

vicki archer said...

I could easily get lost in that beautiful store...Enjoy your weekend, xv.

Unknown said...

OHHH my goodness!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! I see so many things I want, lol!!! I love the colors and the fabric, just so soft and romantic! I hope to get there someday!

Hugs,
Amy

Elyse said...

hooray for shabbyness on the east coast!

roberta, i am so happy to hear that you went to see lizzie. her story is so dreamy! boy, enchanted treasures was, too, and i'm sure that presence is missed over in fairhaven.

i got "lost" on 6A recently, confusing it for rte. 28. UGH!

happy weekend -- beautiful weather!

xo

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Oh, that looks just so wonderful! gorgeous.Thanks so much for visiting me today, I entered your name in the give away!
xo Lidy

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Roberta sweetie,
Looks like you had a wonderful visit with Lizzy.. Her shop does remind me of Enchanted treasures too, Blissfully charming...
Your photos are great! Love the one of the ironing board!
Love to you
Jo
xo

Unknown said...

Hi Roberta,
I just received my copy of Jeanne d' Arc!! Oh my gosh, it is gorgeous!!!! I started looking through it and made myself put it away until tonight, when I can put on a pot of tea and curl up with it! Thank you sooo much!!!! You are a doll :) I know I will find many ideas in here.
THANK YOU!!
Hugs,
Amy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, I can't wait to get my copy from Barbara to see you in it! I love your blog. Going to add it to my favorites. Splendid eye candy! So nice to have found you.
Brenda

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh, forgot to add: don't know Lizzie. But Elyse is a real sweetheart.
Brenda

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Roberta,
Thanks for taking me along on this road trip. It is heavenly at the store, you're right! That container of Johnson's Baby Powder took me back (way back ;) with fond memories and made me smile. Can't wait to see the photos you will take the next time around too at 6 a.m.
xo~Tracie

Vintage Chic said...

Hi Roberta,
I am so glad you experienced the the "heavenly" feeling when you entered Lizzie's because that is the exact feeling I had every time I entered Enchanted Treasures. I missed it so much. A couple of weekends ago I went to rt 6A looking for Vintage Lizzie, (a rare day off I had from the kids), and I could not find the store. I will have to make that trip again.
Thanks for sharing and I love your blogg.

Connie

blessings said...

I'd love to visit Liz some day. Porch Magazine did a story on her and Ruffles & Roses. Everytime they would send me a new photo, I would just drool. =)

Blessings... polly

patricia said...

amiga me encanto tu blog,pero sería posible que agregaras un traductor en él? no se ingles y muy poco de computación......te lo agradecería de verdad
besitos