January 16, 2012

Sunday Comfort


A beautiful sunny and really cold Sunday makes for good picture taking inside.  (I'll bet you thought I was going to say cooking.)  Finally, an entire day to stay warm and comfy with no place to rush off to. 


Feels good to putter around...take some photos and putter some more.  See how the red keeps creeping
in?   I can't resist a vintage French towel with some red.  Especially a monogrammed one with my initials!  This one is a favorite and Christmas gift from a good friend.


                                 Took the time to set up the tripod for these photos.


This one was taken later when the sun had gone down so I needed the chandelier for light.  It's tough to take pictures with the glare from the window or lights on my beautiful framed French letters.  I still don't know how to remedy that.  (Open to suggestions please:)


The crock came out of an old family barn.  Uncle Joe was a milkman and as kids we were lucky to have the best of both worlds,  the beach and the farm.  I love the rustic milk crate because my daughter's name is Bethany and Rosehurst is such a pretty name for a dairy.


I made the awning in stripes for a French Cafe vibe in the kitchen.
Ikea has some pretty fabric by the yard! (yup, that's a spring rod!)



 Thinking about some Sunday comfort food ~ whole wheat pasta with plenty of garlic, olive oil and parmigiano cheese.   hmmm


 
I really love curtains hung like this in the kitchen!   So homey and spring rods are the best invention! This is where I keep the trash can hidden.   I can't do much else with this space since I have to be able to open the cabinet door.



And, my new favorite Portuguese cookbook. It has stunning pictures, a little history and some great recipes which I have not yet tried. I bought it for the beautiful cover and I love it.  Tessa Kiros has other cookbooks which look wonderful too!



                         Well, that's my idea of a comfy winter's day.  So glad you've stopped by!


                                                                              YUM!
                                                                                XO












5 comments:

Mimi and Tilly said...

Lovely photos, I really enjoyed seeing them, thanks for sharing! Em x

My Beautiful World said...

Sounds like my kind of day inside, you have so much sweetness here. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, wonderful to meet new friends. If you ever find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime follow back if you like. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

Always Wendy

Hot Rocks said...

Your photos are so inspiring!

Life On Planet Earth said...

Your photography keeps getting better and better! So many inspiring ideas here.

Ellie said...

What lovely pictures and soft vignettes. No wonder you enjoyed your day.